Stone the crows! Sidmouth scarecrow jailed
Rogue veg-ilante wound up in the crop shop after Sidmouth police found him drunk and incapable up a tree.
STONE the Crows! A rogue veg-ilante wound up in the crop shop after Sidmouth police found him drunk and incapable up a tree.
The scary culprit, believed to be outstanding in his field, sparked concern from passers-by who first spotted him leaning over a bridge in Sidford on Monday.
The nearly seven feet tall fugitive didn’t hang around, but was stuffed 24 hours later when officers found him clutching a bottle of cider and scaling a tree in Woolbrook Road.
The wooden-faced SCARECROW is now pine-ing for his freedom after being taken into custody.
You may also want to watch:
A Sidmouth police spokesperson said: “Following several calls from members of the public a male is currently in custody for being drunk and incapable, having been found in possession of a bottle of cider.
“He has refused to give any personal details at this time, and is not carrying any identification on him, but is described as being about six feet, six inches tall- with a plank expression- and is wearing a high visibility yellow fluorescent jacket and trousers.”
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Sidmouth Ladies restart with a golf comp
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League Weekend Fixtures
- 8 Try tennis for FREE at Sidford Tennis Club
- 9 Local photographer captures the beauty of The Byes with his wildlife shots
- 10 Future housing may be destined for out of town sites
Anyone wanting to claim the scarecrow, made of straw and wood and wearing black wellington boots, can contact Sidmouth Police Station.