Stone the crows! Sidmouth scarecrow jailed
Rogue veg-ilante wound up in the crop shop after Sidmouth police found him drunk and incapable up a tree.
STONE the Crows! A rogue veg-ilante wound up in the crop shop after Sidmouth police found him drunk and incapable up a tree.
The scary culprit, believed to be outstanding in his field, sparked concern from passers-by who first spotted him leaning over a bridge in Sidford on Monday.
The nearly seven feet tall fugitive didn’t hang around, but was stuffed 24 hours later when officers found him clutching a bottle of cider and scaling a tree in Woolbrook Road.
The wooden-faced SCARECROW is now pine-ing for his freedom after being taken into custody.
You may also want to watch:
A Sidmouth police spokesperson said: “Following several calls from members of the public a male is currently in custody for being drunk and incapable, having been found in possession of a bottle of cider.
“He has refused to give any personal details at this time, and is not carrying any identification on him, but is described as being about six feet, six inches tall- with a plank expression- and is wearing a high visibility yellow fluorescent jacket and trousers.”
- 1 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 2 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 3 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth
- 4 Woman flown to hospital after fall
- 5 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 6 Organisers thrilled with super science festival turnout
- 7 GP teams have seen 14% increase on pre-pandemic levels
- 8 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 9 Major road repair scheme will reduce patching
- 10 Pianist set to delight audiences in 50th anniversary season
Anyone wanting to claim the scarecrow, made of straw and wood and wearing black wellington boots, can contact Sidmouth Police Station.