Stone the crows! Sidmouth scarecrow jailed
Rogue veg-ilante wound up in the crop shop after Sidmouth police found him drunk and incapable up a tree.
STONE the Crows! A rogue veg-ilante wound up in the crop shop after Sidmouth police found him drunk and incapable up a tree.
The scary culprit, believed to be outstanding in his field, sparked concern from passers-by who first spotted him leaning over a bridge in Sidford on Monday.
The nearly seven feet tall fugitive didn’t hang around, but was stuffed 24 hours later when officers found him clutching a bottle of cider and scaling a tree in Woolbrook Road.
The wooden-faced SCARECROW is now pine-ing for his freedom after being taken into custody.
You may also want to watch:
A Sidmouth police spokesperson said: “Following several calls from members of the public a male is currently in custody for being drunk and incapable, having been found in possession of a bottle of cider.
“He has refused to give any personal details at this time, and is not carrying any identification on him, but is described as being about six feet, six inches tall- with a plank expression- and is wearing a high visibility yellow fluorescent jacket and trousers.”
- 1 Family trip to seaside ends in dramatic rescue from rip tide
- 2 Saved from the bin! Charity shop staff hunt for mistaken items
- 3 Sidmouth defeat Boringdon in national competition
- 4 'No further action' after 11 deaths at Sidford care home
- 5 Rugby youngsters finish season with five tries
- 6 Tim Martin of Wetherspoons wants government to offer visas to EU workers to help out in pubs
- 7 New youth project will help young people's voices to be heard
- 8 Old Fore Street pedestrian zone will be open for bicycles to use
- 9 Communities encouraged to apply for rural building funds
- 10 Plans to pedestrianise Sidmouth town centre put forward
Anyone wanting to claim the scarecrow, made of straw and wood and wearing black wellington boots, can contact Sidmouth Police Station.