Strawberries and champagne set to boost Sidmouth cancer charity
A STRAWBERRIES and Sparkling Wine Evening at Kennaway House next month will raise cash for a Sidmouth cancer charity.
A 'STRAWBERRIES and Sparkling Wine Evening' at Kennaway House next month will raise cash for a Sidmouth cancer charity.
Hopes are high that the event on July 11, organised by the town's Macmillan Cancer Support Fundraising Committee, can boost the �14,000 raised for the cause last year.
Entertainment on the night will be provided by the Blackmore Singers and guests will be treated to a bowl of strawberries and cream, supplied by Macmillan Cancer Support champion Somerfield, and a glass of sparkling wine.
Fundraiser Tricia Heard said: "Last year locally we as a committee were able to send �14,000 to Macmillan as our part towards continuing their wonderful work in helping those living with cancer in our area. Please do come and have a lovely evening whilst helping Macmillan."
You may also want to watch:
Tickets (�8) are available from Coles Cards and News in the High Street or by phoning Tricia on (01395) 519317.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 The more we work together the better it will be
- 7 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 8 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 9 Golfing season underway at Sidmouth GC
- 10 I want seafront cafe and restaurant to be something Exmouth can be proud of