Strawberries and champagne set to boost Sidmouth cancer charity
A STRAWBERRIES and Sparkling Wine Evening at Kennaway House next month will raise cash for a Sidmouth cancer charity.
A 'STRAWBERRIES and Sparkling Wine Evening' at Kennaway House next month will raise cash for a Sidmouth cancer charity.
Hopes are high that the event on July 11, organised by the town's Macmillan Cancer Support Fundraising Committee, can boost the �14,000 raised for the cause last year.
Entertainment on the night will be provided by the Blackmore Singers and guests will be treated to a bowl of strawberries and cream, supplied by Macmillan Cancer Support champion Somerfield, and a glass of sparkling wine.
Fundraiser Tricia Heard said: "Last year locally we as a committee were able to send �14,000 to Macmillan as our part towards continuing their wonderful work in helping those living with cancer in our area. Please do come and have a lovely evening whilst helping Macmillan."
You may also want to watch:
Tickets (�8) are available from Coles Cards and News in the High Street or by phoning Tricia on (01395) 519317.
- 1 Ottery brothers applaud customers on 'Freedom Day'
- 2 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 3 Beachgoers share moment of wonder
- 4 Sidmouth Toy & Model Museum is a hit with Toto
- 5 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 6 Cricket ground will be transformed into festival car park
- 7 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 8 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 9 Manor Pavilion reopens with festival of summer plays
- 10 Motorcyclist 'seriously injured' in crash near Ottery St Mary