Do you recognise this stray cat found in a truck?
- Credit: Archant
A cat that was found in a truck, skinny and covered in oil, is being looked after at Axhayes Adoption Centre.
The truck had travelled to East Devon from Cornwall on Monday, January 13, but it is not known how long the cat had been in it.
Axhayes staff nicknamed the cat Slick Rick and, after bathing him, discovered that he had several white patches which had been covered in oil and dirt.
He has been treated for minor burns and is gaining weight well.
Deputy manager Jackie Phipp said: "We are hoping to find his owners who may be missing him from somewhere in Devon and Cornwall.
You may also want to watch:
"We do not know when he got into the truck or how long he has been lost for, but his greasy fur and body condition suggests some time. "We are reluctant to decide on an age for him due to his poor condition - once all cleaned up he may well be much younger than he currently looks.
"He is a friendly loveable cat who enjoys his pamper sessions but someone must surely be missing him."
Axhayes can be contacted via their website or by calling 01395 232377.
- 1 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 2 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 3 Dom Bess representing Sidmouth in Sri Lanka
- 4 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 5 Sid Vale Association marks its 175th anniversary
- 6 Safety, security and sustainability at Sidmouth Town
- 7 Fishing vessel rescued by Exmouth RNLI
- 8 Tipton St John children's author wins national award for pioneering work
- 9 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 10 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout