Can you help the street collections for Sidmouth Folk Festival?
- Credit: Archant
Money has been pouring into the online crowdfunding appeal, but those who prefer a more traditional approach will be able to donate directly to a street collector.
The organisers are appealing for people willing to give up two hours between 9.30am and 3.30pm on Saturday, August 1 or Sunday, August 2.
They will be equipped with automatic card readers and PPE and there will be hand sanitising arrangements.
The fundraising is aimed at ensuring that the festival can make a return next year and in the further future.
The crowdfunding campaign, launched on June 30, has so far reached £75,000.
You may also want to watch:
The street collections take place on the same weekend as this year’s virtual festival.
On Saturday and Sunday evenings, live performances by Steve Knightley and Jim Causley will be streamed from a secret location, followed by specially recorded sessions by many of the musicians who would have been in Sidmouth this year.
Anyone interested in volunteering for the street collections is asked to contact Colin Trussell, email email@example.comRead more about the crowdfunding appeal: Massive response to Sidmouth Folk Festival fundraising campaign
- 1 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 2 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 3 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 4 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 5 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 6 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 7 Anglers travelling further for fishing delights
- 8 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge