Street party plan for West Hill and other news
There will be a street party in West Hill to celebrate the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee on Monday, June 4. Read this and more.
JUBILEE: There will be a street party in West Hill to celebrate the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee on Monday, June 4. Held at the village’s Royal British legion club in School Lane, there will be a fete, raffle and entertainment from noon until 4pm. Residents are encouraged to bring a picnic, with a fancy dress competition on a Kings and Queens theme, and to book a table contact Sylvia Gehring on 01404 813560.
CONCERT: To help celebrate 30 years of Hospiscare there will be a special concert at Ottery Parish church on Saturday, June 16. The well-known Budleigh Voice Choir will be singing a variety of much-loved songs, and tickets are on sale, priced at �6. They are available from the Hospiscare shop on Mill Street, or from the Tourist Information Centre.
You may also want to watch:
PLANNING: Ottery Town Council had no objection to plans to build a house on land in Higher Broad Oak Road, West Hill. But councillors at Monday’s planning meeting did have concerns the proposed garage at the Manana property in the village was within the three-metre exclusion zone of a nearby sewer.
- 1 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 2 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 3 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
- 4 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 5 As fuel poverty bites we ask who cares for the carers?
- 6 Village panto group secures prestigious national award
- 7 Sidmouth Repair Cafe set to reopen later this month
- 8 East Devon affordable housing task force
- 9 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 10 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth