Power cut affects hundreds of homes
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Hundreds of homes are without power near Sidmouth this morning (Sunday) as strong winds have hit Devon.
Western Power Distribution has reported 250 homes have lost electricity in Newton Poppleford this morning.
It is estimated power will not be restored until 12.30pm.
More than 3,000 homes are without power across the whole of the South West, where the Met Office has a yellow weather warning in place.
A spokesman said: “A spell of strong winds is expected affect the far south of England and Wales on Sunday morning and early afternoon.
You may also want to watch:
“Some short term loss of power and other services is possible, as well as some delays for high-sided vehicles on exposed routes and bridges.
“It is likely some coastal routes, sea front and coastal communities affected by spray and/or large waves.”
- 1 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 2 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 3 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 4 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 5 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 6 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 7 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National
- 8 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 9 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 10 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser