Student Matilda Bentall designs winning poster for big town event
- Credit: Archant
An artistic youngster has helped to design the poster for this year’s Christmas Late Night Shopping event.
Sidmouth Chamber of Commerce (CoC) worked with the students from Sidmouth College as part of a competition to design the poster which would be used to advertise one of the town's biggest calendar dates.
A CoC spokesman said they were delighted to announce that Year 8 student Matilda Bentall designed this year's winning poster.
The 2019 event will take place on Friday, December 6.
Sally Mynard, of Sidmouth Chamber of Commerce and organiser of this year's event, said: "We would like to say thank to all the students who took part in the competition, they are all very talented, which made judging very difficult.
You may also want to watch:
"Special thanks also goes to Mrs Carr Assistant Principal and Head of Art of Sidmouth College for all her help with the competition."
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 3 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 4 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 5 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 6 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 9 Anglers travelling further for fishing delights
- 10 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again