Students battle it out for Christian concert
STUDENTS from Sidmouth and Ottery schools will be competing in a battle of the bands contest with the winners going on to perform at a Christian concert in the summer. As part of the 1,100 anniversary of the diocese of Exeter, a concert has been arranged
STUDENTS from Sidmouth and Ottery schools will be competing in a battle of the bands contest with the winners going on to perform at a Christian concert in the summer.
As part of the 1,100 anniversary of the diocese of Exeter, a concert has been arranged in Sidmouth on June 20 in Connaught Gardens, with a number of Christian bands performing.
But on the line-up there will also be four young bands - two from Sidmouth College and two from The King's School.
Students will be going head-to-head in the battle of the bands style competition which will be held at the schools in April.
You may also want to watch:
Reverend Dave Brown, who is arranging the events, said: "We have also organised 'rock school' workshops to be held at the schools on the same day as the battles.
"We thought it would be a good idea to involve the local schools as we hope to attract a lot of young people to the summer concert."
- 1 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 2 Prince Philip's legacy is guaranteed through awards scheme
- 3 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 4 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 5 Ottery retirement community with Easter thank you for keyworkers
- 6 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 7 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 8 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 9 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 10 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
Preparations are underway for the anniversary celebrations and Reverend Brown is hoping between eight and ten bands will be performing.
Bishop Bob Evens of Crediton, who will be spending a week in the Sidmouth denery, will be the guest of honour at the event.
Reverend Brown added: "All of the artists will be interviewed and we will also have quizzes. We hope it will be a very successful and fun day.