Students battle it out for Christian concert
STUDENTS from Sidmouth and Ottery schools will be competing in a battle of the bands contest with the winners going on to perform at a Christian concert in the summer. As part of the 1,100 anniversary of the diocese of Exeter, a concert has been arranged
STUDENTS from Sidmouth and Ottery schools will be competing in a battle of the bands contest with the winners going on to perform at a Christian concert in the summer.
As part of the 1,100 anniversary of the diocese of Exeter, a concert has been arranged in Sidmouth on June 20 in Connaught Gardens, with a number of Christian bands performing.
But on the line-up there will also be four young bands - two from Sidmouth College and two from The King's School.
Students will be going head-to-head in the battle of the bands style competition which will be held at the schools in April.
You may also want to watch:
Reverend Dave Brown, who is arranging the events, said: "We have also organised 'rock school' workshops to be held at the schools on the same day as the battles.
"We thought it would be a good idea to involve the local schools as we hope to attract a lot of young people to the summer concert."
- 1 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 2 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 3 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth
- 4 GP teams have seen 14% increase on pre-pandemic levels
- 5 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 6 Woman flown to hospital after fall
- 7 Organisers thrilled with super science festival turnout
- 8 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 9 High scoring in the Sidmouth Stablefords
- 10 Major road repair scheme will reduce patching
Preparations are underway for the anniversary celebrations and Reverend Brown is hoping between eight and ten bands will be performing.
Bishop Bob Evens of Crediton, who will be spending a week in the Sidmouth denery, will be the guest of honour at the event.
Reverend Brown added: "All of the artists will be interviewed and we will also have quizzes. We hope it will be a very successful and fun day.