Sudden Ottery death was natural causes
Body was found after court no-show
AN Ottery man died of natural causes days before he was due to appear before magistrates over disorderly behaviour charges.
Police found the body of Paul Cleverton in the living room of his Cornhill home just hours after he failed to turn up at court.
The Exeter Coroner’s officer confirmed this week an inquest won’t be carried out into 61-year-old Mr Cleverton’s death, after a post-mortem revealed he died of natural causes.
A warrant was issued for Mr Cleverton’s arrest on August 24 when he didn’t attend a hearing at Central Devon Magistrates Court in Exeter to face public order offence allegations.
You may also want to watch:
Police attended his address shortly after when health workers voiced concern for his welfare. They discovered Mr Cleverton in his in his living room. Officers suspected the body had been there for days.
Mr Cleverton was accused of using threatening, abusive or insulting words or disorderly behaviour near a person likely to be caused harassment, alarm or distress, in Ottery on Monday, August 9.
- 1 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 2 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 3 'Dream team' shed more light on plans for Connaught's Christmas illuminations
- 4 Test star celebrates Sidbury promotion season
- 5 Storms and stormy weather... past, present, and future
- 6 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 7 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 8 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 9 Sidmouth woman's legal hearing over Covid deaths in care homes adjourned
- 10 Better broadband rollout will deliver speeds you'd expect