Summer rep theatre season revealed at Sidmouth’s Manor Pavilion
PUBLISHED: 12:24 15 May 2017 | UPDATED: 12:24 15 May 2017
The producer of Sidmouth’s summer rep theatre has spoken of his delight at returning for a fifth season with one company presenting 12 classic revivals.
The season will run at the Manor Pavilion from Thursday, June 22, to Friday, September 22.
There will be an official launch night from 8pm on Thursday, May 25, with free tickets available in advance.
Producer Paul Taylor Mills said: “It’s hard to find the right way to explain how privileged I feel to be presenting our fifth season of plays at the Manor Pavilion Theatre.
“I am utterly overwhelmed with the reception we have received both locally and across the country, and proud that we’re the last standing weekly play season in the entire country.
“The season continues to be a major tourist attraction, with audiences travelling from across the UK.
“I could have never have dreamed five years ago that this would have been possible.
“We have doubled the amount of season ticket holders, and broadened the age range of audiences by introducing an under-16 price point.
“We have also managed to keep our ticket price competitive and affordable ensuring that we make our work accessible to all.”
He thanked the audience, actors, theatre staff and owners East Devon District Council, adding: “Here’s to another five years.”
The 2017 season features:
• Caught in the Net by Ray Cooney. June 22 - 28
• Murder in Company by Philip King and John Boland. June 29 – July 5
• The Odd Couple by Neil Simon. July 6 – 12
• Ladies in Lavender by Shaun McKenna. July 13 – 19
• Dial M for Murder by Frederick Knott. July 20 – 26
• Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte. July 27 – August 2
• The Birds by Conor McPherson. August 3 – 4 and August 12 – 16
• Relative Values by Noel Coward. August 17 – 23
• Birthday Suite by Robin Hawdon. August 24 – 30
• Absent Friends by Alan Ayckbourn. August 31 – September 6
• Hobson’s Choice by Harold Brighouse. September 7 – 13
• House Guest by Francis Durbridge. September 14 – 22
Tickets are on sale from Friday, May 26, at the box office and Saturday, May 27, by telephone on 01395 514413.