Sunday Times best-selling author Patrick Gale visits Sidmouth as part of Meet the Author series
- Credit: Archant
Sunday Times best-selling author Patrick Gale visited Sidmouth, delighting audiences with a talk about his latest book.
Patrick, who was born in the Isle of Wight, continued the very popular Meet the Author series at Kennaway House last week.
Rebecca Russell had the pleasure of interviewing the screen writer about his life.
Patrick grew up in Wandsworth where his father was prison governor at the time of Ronnie Biggs’ escape (although that happened on his day off). Educated at Winchester and Oxford, and living now on the last farm in England in deepest Penzance, Patrick makes full use of his knowledge of these locations in his beautifully written novels.
His latest title is Take Nothing With You, which was recently published by Tinder Press has gone straight to the Sunday Times Best Selling hard back fiction list and his entire back catalogue is also being reprinted in paperback by Tinder this year. As well as his success as an author, Patrick enjoyed critical acclaim with his drama Man in an Orange Shirt for the BBC last year and is currently adapting his last novel A Place Called Winter for the screen.
You may also want to watch:
The next visiting author will be Joanna Trollope on Monday (October 1). Tickets are available from Kennaway House on 01392 515551.
- 1 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 2 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 3 Tar Barrel Night paintings will help keep the event rolling
- 4 Popular Sidmouth swimathon set to return this year
- 5 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 6 Hospitality needs a 'seat at cabinet the table' in Westminster - Michael Caines
- 7 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 8 An extra £4.6 billion made available to support UK businesses during lockdown
- 9 TOTO TALK - musings of a dog about town
- 10 Fake Covid-19 vaccine scam alert