Super Sidford slimmer Lynn named ‘woman of the year’ after losing seven-and-a-half stone in a year
- Credit: Archant
A super slimmer from Sidford ‘feels like a different person’ after shedding an incredible seven-and-a-half stone in just over a year.
Lynn Cornish was named Sidmouth Slimming World’s ‘woman of the year’ after dropping six dress sizes.
The 54-year-old said the weight loss has helped her become more comfortable in her own skin after trying a variety of diets which left her feeling hungry or miserable.
Since joining Slimming World, Lynn has dropped from dress size 24 to 12 and says, by preparing and cooking meals differently, she can still eat many of the same meals.
Lynn, who tipped the scales at 19st 7lbs before she began slimming, said: “When I started out I never dreamt I’d be able to achieve all that I have. Losing the weight has made such a big difference – it’s changed my life. My health is better, I have more energy and I’m much happier now – I definitely feel more comfortable in my own skin.
You may also want to watch:
“I feel like a different woman to the person who walked into Slimming World 14 months ago. Winning ‘woman of the year’ is a real honour because there are so many amazing members in our group. I remember feeling like there was no hope when it came to my weight, but I’ve realised that when people believe in you – and you believe in yourself – you can do anything you set your mind to.”
Jon Borowik, a Slimming World group consultant in Sidmouth, said he was proud to present awards to six winners, who together have lost a combined 31 stone between them - the equivalent in weight of a silver back gorilla.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Debut in the Dartmoor League
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 5 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 6 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 7 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 8 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures
- 9 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 10 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
Jon said: “I’m so proud of Lynn. She’s a fantastic ambassador for Slimming World and what she’s achieved is nothing short of incredible.
“She’s a huge inspiration to everyone in our group and I hope she inspires other women – and men – in Sidmouth to change their lives in the same way.
“Each and every one of them has seen an amazing transformation in shape, size, health and confidence. I am so proud of them all.”