Super Sidmouth slimmer sheds 6st - and now inspires others
- Credit: Archant
A Sidmouth slimmer has helped members of her weight-loss group shed a combined 10,081lbs - the equivalent weight of an African elephant.
Harriet Steptoe was inspired to start her own Slimming World group in April after losing six stone herself.
Harriet joined the group when she was struggling to run around after her two children and became unhappy with her appearance.
The support given by her fellow slimmers and consultant Jon Borowik then inspired her to help others lose not only weight, but the guilt and shame every overweight person carries with them.
Since launching her own group, Harriet has helped her fellow slimmers shed a whopping 72 stone in total. One particular couple she is very proud of joined in July and have gone on to lose over two-and-a-half stone between them.
You may also want to watch:
Harriet said: “The best thing about helping other people to lose weight is seeing them starting to smile again as soon as the weight comes off, but also seeing members build their confidence back up over the weeks.
“Seeing the group easily lose weight over the summer has proved how simple changes to food optimising can have big results over some of the trickiest times of the year.”
- 1 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 2 Prince Philip's legacy is guaranteed through awards scheme
- 3 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 4 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 5 Ottery retirement community with Easter thank you for keyworkers
- 6 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 7 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 8 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 9 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 10 Claire leaves political spotlight
Call Harriet on 07828 299391 for more information about the local groups.