Superfast broadband public consultation launched
- Credit: Alpha Stock Images
Would you like superfast broadband in your area? Then you may be needed as part of the latest consultation by Connecting Devon and Somerset (CDS).
Residents have until Tuesday, December 10, to have their say in the consultations which has been launched by CDS ahead of its December plans to find new contractors to provide superfast broadband across the two counties.
CDS, which is responsible for rolling out broadband across Devon and Somerset, is establishing the remaining area where there are no plans to deliver broadband capable of download speeds of at least 30Mbps.
Councillor Rufus Gilbert, who is responsible for economy and skills and CDS board member, said: "We're keen to extend the availability of Next Generation Access infrastructure across the CDS area, and this public consultation will enable us to set out the proposed areas where we will need to focus our efforts."
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit connectingdevonandsomerset.co.uk/cds-2019-omr-public-consultation to have your say.
You may also want to watch:
Alternatively post your views to OMR consultation, Economy Team, AB2 Lucombe House, County Hall, Exeter, EX2 4QD.
- 1 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 4 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 5 Football in support of mental health
- 6 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 7 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 8 Ottery St Mary Silver Band 'Centenary+1' fundraiser launched
- 9 Sad loss at Beer Albion
- 10 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start