Surf’s up at the seafront on Boxing Day
- Credit: Archant
Residents have been challenged to brave the winter waves this Christmas and support Sidmouth Surf Life Saving Club by taking part in a Boxing Day surf.
The event will take place on December 26 from 11.30am to 1pm.
Like Sidmouth’s famous Boxing Day Swim, organisers are hoping the fun surf will become an annual event in the town’s seafaring calendar.
Newly trained lifeguards from the Surf Life Saving Club will be assisting with the swim and will be inviting families to join them back in the water for a fun surf in front of the club afterwards.
Welcome warming fare, including mulled wine, hot chocolate, coffee, teas and bacon rolls, will be on sale.
You may also want to watch:
Proceeds will go towards expanding the Surf Life Saving Club next season to include a junior group, as well as the current nipper group.
The event will be subject to weather conditions and aspiring surfers can go along to meet at The Arches.
- 1 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 2 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 3 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 4 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 5 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 6 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 7 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 8 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 9 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 10 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat