Surf’s up at the seafront on Boxing Day
- Credit: Archant
Residents have been challenged to brave the winter waves this Christmas and support Sidmouth Surf Life Saving Club by taking part in a Boxing Day surf.
The event will take place on December 26 from 11.30am to 1pm.
Like Sidmouth’s famous Boxing Day Swim, organisers are hoping the fun surf will become an annual event in the town’s seafaring calendar.
Newly trained lifeguards from the Surf Life Saving Club will be assisting with the swim and will be inviting families to join them back in the water for a fun surf in front of the club afterwards.
Welcome warming fare, including mulled wine, hot chocolate, coffee, teas and bacon rolls, will be on sale.
You may also want to watch:
Proceeds will go towards expanding the Surf Life Saving Club next season to include a junior group, as well as the current nipper group.
The event will be subject to weather conditions and aspiring surfers can go along to meet at The Arches.
- 1 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 2 Commemorative elm tree planted to mark National Tree Warden scheme's 30th anniversary
- 3 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 4 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 5 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 6 Nicola hoping to inspire Sidmouth slimmers through weight loss
- 7 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 8 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 9 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 10 £12,500 donated to lockdown laptops for schools appeal