Surf’s up at the seafront on Boxing Day
- Credit: Archant
Residents have been challenged to brave the winter waves this Christmas and support Sidmouth Surf Life Saving Club by taking part in a Boxing Day surf.
The event will take place on December 26 from 11.30am to 1pm.
Like Sidmouth’s famous Boxing Day Swim, organisers are hoping the fun surf will become an annual event in the town’s seafaring calendar.
Newly trained lifeguards from the Surf Life Saving Club will be assisting with the swim and will be inviting families to join them back in the water for a fun surf in front of the club afterwards.
Welcome warming fare, including mulled wine, hot chocolate, coffee, teas and bacon rolls, will be on sale.
Proceeds will go towards expanding the Surf Life Saving Club next season to include a junior group, as well as the current nipper group.
The event will be subject to weather conditions and aspiring surfers can go along to meet at The Arches.
- 1 Plans for new town - and THOUSANDS of new homes - in East Devon revealed
- 2 Ottery family lights up home in memory of mum
- 3 Dates for Santa's sleigh tour of Sidmouth, Sidford and Newton Poppleford
- 4 Two-years-missing cat back home after turning up in Sidmouth
- 5 Plans for quarry at Ottery St Mary REFUSED
- 6 Sidmouth's band announces cancelled concerts
- 7 Sidmouth Running Club welcomes return of the Bicton Blister
- 8 Sidmouth late night shopping is back after the pandemic
- 9 Van fire spread to hedgerow on busy route
- 10 Shopping locally has never mattered so much as it does now