Surprise bash for Sidmouth centre manager Ian
COLLEAGUES of long-serving Sidmouth Information Centre manager Ian Cole staged a surprise farewell bash for him this week.
Ian enjoyed his last day at the Ham Lane hub on Wednesday after he decided to retire from a job he’d had for 14 years.
Co-workers and town council and FolkWeek representatives presented Ian with a cake to mark the occasion at a specially arranged gathering on Tuesday.
Ian thought he was attendng a staff meeting.
His wife, Margaret, was gifted a bouquet of flowers.
You may also want to watch:
“It was a jolly nice event,” said Tim Shardlow, the centre’s deputy manager.
Steve Thompson, chairman of the Sidmouth FolkWeek Trust, thanked Ian for the work he did promoting the event and boosting its ticket sales.
- 1 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 2 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 3 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 4 Dom Bess representing Sidmouth in Sri Lanka
- 5 Safety, security and sustainability at Sidmouth Town
- 6 Tipton St John children's author wins national award for pioneering work
- 7 Sid Vale Association marks its 175th anniversary
- 8 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 9 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 10 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
Councillor Ian McKenzie-Edwards, deputy chairman of the town council, also attended with staff members.