Surprise bash for Sidmouth centre manager Ian
COLLEAGUES of long-serving Sidmouth Information Centre manager Ian Cole staged a surprise farewell bash for him this week.
Ian enjoyed his last day at the Ham Lane hub on Wednesday after he decided to retire from a job he’d had for 14 years.
Co-workers and town council and FolkWeek representatives presented Ian with a cake to mark the occasion at a specially arranged gathering on Tuesday.
Ian thought he was attendng a staff meeting.
His wife, Margaret, was gifted a bouquet of flowers.
You may also want to watch:
“It was a jolly nice event,” said Tim Shardlow, the centre’s deputy manager.
Steve Thompson, chairman of the Sidmouth FolkWeek Trust, thanked Ian for the work he did promoting the event and boosting its ticket sales.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 5 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 6 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 7 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 8 I want seafront cafe and restaurant to be something Exmouth can be proud of
- 9 Ottery has gone 'above and beyond' during this difficult time
- 10 Future housing may be destined for out of town sites
Councillor Ian McKenzie-Edwards, deputy chairman of the town council, also attended with staff members.