Sidmouth pub reopens after £150k refit
- Credit: Archant
A Sidmouth pub has reopened after undergoing a major £150,000 revamp.
The Swan Inn, in York Street, closed down for a week while the complete redesign was carried out.
The pub now boasts an outdoor family dining area under a gazebo which has a TV screen for showing the World Cup and Wimbledon matches, as well as Exeter Chiefs games in the new season.
The pub has also been rebranded under the Ram Pub Company logo.
Landlord Adrian Ricketts said he and his wife Julia had a major part in the new look.
You may also want to watch:
He added: “They implemented 90 per cent of our ideas. We kept the best of what we had and enhanced it. Being very traditionalist, I love the old Victorian look and feel which we’ve kept.
“We needed a comfortable heated decked area outside which will extend the summer hours and make space for family dining. So far everyone has been unbelievably positive.”
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Joma Devon & Exeter League Results
- 7 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 8 Sidmouth music man raises thousands-of-pounds for cancer charity
- 9 Ottery has gone 'above and beyond' during this difficult time
- 10 Future housing may be destined for out of town sites