Swan song in Sidmouth over royal romance
PRINCE William and Kate Middleton haven t made it down the aisle yet but Goviers of Sidmouth are taking matters into their own hands- by launching commemoratives celebrating the Royal Romance. Goviers has commissioned a pair of 750 limited edition Royal S
PRINCE William and Kate Middleton haven't made it down the aisle yet but Goviers of Sidmouth are taking matters into their own hands- by launching commemoratives celebrating the Royal Romance.
Goviers has commissioned a pair of 750 limited edition Royal Swans, named William and Catherine, from British china maker Royal Crown Derby.
The swans, which cost �590 for the pair, are part of Derby's paperweight series and the launch on Saturday is timed to coincide with the annual Swam Upping on the Thames.
Alan Morgenroth, managing director at Goviers, said: "A Royal Wedding is just what is needed to support the struggling British ceramics industry, but quality items such as the Royal Swans need much longer to develop than is allowed for by what is often a short Royal engagement.
You may also want to watch:
"So we have planned ahead and not only have we already developed a full Royal Wedding Collection but a series of cygnets to accompany the Royal Swans is proposed to mark the arrival of any little Princes or Princesses!"
The designer of the Royal Swans will be chatting to customers and autographing pieces from 10am-4pm on the launch day.
- 1 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 2 Prince Philip's legacy is guaranteed through awards scheme
- 3 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 4 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 5 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 6 Ottery retirement community with Easter thank you for keyworkers
- 7 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 8 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 9 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 10 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
For more information ring (01395) 578201 or visit www.goviers.co.uk.