Swedish folk to meet in Otterton for annual gathering
Sidmouth woman organises reunion for Swedish residents from South West
SWEDISH people from across Devon and the South West will converge on Otterton next month for their annual church service and social.
Sidmouth woman, Karin Persson, has organised this year’s gathering, together with Karin Tilley.
“Once a year we call together all the Swedish people living in the South West,” said Karin Persson, nursery team leader at Sidmouth Day Care Nursery.
“The Reverend Michael Persson (no relation) is coming from London to conduct the service at St Michael’s, Otterton, at 10.30am on Saturday, May 26, and then we will have a social, with buffet lunch at the King’s Arms in the village.
You may also want to watch:
“There will be Swedish apple cake, which makes us feel at home,” she added.
Karin, who has attended the annual event for 15 years, said the service is conducted in Swedish and English.
- 1 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 2 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 3 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth
- 4 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 5 Woman flown to hospital after fall
- 6 GP teams have seen 14% increase on pre-pandemic levels
- 7 Organisers thrilled with super science festival turnout
- 8 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 9 Sporting tribute to club stalwart from grateful members
- 10 High scoring in the Sidmouth Stablefords
“It is a nice thing to do and a lot of us have made friends over the years. There are a few Swedish people living in Honiton and Exmouth as well as Exeter and last year we met at Exeter Cathedral.”
Anyone wishing to attend the event should contact Karin on 01395 577783.