Sweet Memories sweet shop in Ottery closes down
- Credit: Archant
The owner of an Ottery sweet shop has thanked the community as she opened her doors for the final time,
Tracy Maidment, who took over Sweet Memories in the Square, said she ‘had to make a choice’ to close down after a year.
Her final day is today (Friday, April 28).
She said: “There were good days and bad days but the good days were not good enough to get us through the bad days.
“The kids have loved it and made it everything I expected it would be. It’s not just the kids, older people loved it because its nostalgic and it brought back so many memories. It’s been a really happy shop.
You may also want to watch:
“I have no regrets, the town has been lovely. I just had to make a choice.”
- 1 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 4 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 5 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 6 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 7 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 8 Sidmouth Rugby Club’s Devon success stories
- 9 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 10 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners