Sweet Memories sweet shop in Ottery closes down
- Credit: Archant
The owner of an Ottery sweet shop has thanked the community as she opened her doors for the final time,
Tracy Maidment, who took over Sweet Memories in the Square, said she ‘had to make a choice’ to close down after a year.
Her final day is today (Friday, April 28).
She said: “There were good days and bad days but the good days were not good enough to get us through the bad days.
“The kids have loved it and made it everything I expected it would be. It’s not just the kids, older people loved it because its nostalgic and it brought back so many memories. It’s been a really happy shop.
You may also want to watch:
“I have no regrets, the town has been lovely. I just had to make a choice.”
- 1 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 2 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 3 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 4 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 5 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 6 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 7 Stepping out for charity in honour of Sir Captain Tom's legacy
- 8 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge