Swimathon raises £9,600 for Sid Valley charities
- Credit: Archant
Swimmers went to great lengths once again to raise £9,600 for local causes in the annual Swimathon.
Back in October, more than 140 swimmers of all ages took to the water, in aid of the Friends of Sidholme Music Room, the Admiral Nurse campaign and Sidmouth Hospiscare.
The Rotary Club of Sidmouth presented the first of three cheques totalling £3,200 to Sidmouth Hospiscare at its meeting at the Victoria Hotel this week.
Gill Ryall, CEO of Sidmouth Hospiscare, said: “We appreciate the ongoing support from Rotary and the amazing amount they have raised from the Swimathon. This type of link helps to raise awareness of the services we offer and will help us to meet the increasing demand for our services.”
Organiser Nigel Sharp thanked the swimmers and the public for their hard work and donations.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “There are exciting plans for 2018.”
This year’s Swimathon will take place at Sidmouth Swimming Pool on Saturday October 6. The beneficiaries of this year’s event will be announced.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Joma Devon & Exeter League Results
- 7 New exhibition features Sidmouth view
- 8 Sidmouth music man raises thousands-of-pounds for cancer charity
- 9 Joma Devon and Exeter League Weekend Fixtures
- 10 Sidmouth Ladies restart with a golf comp