Swimmers set to take plunge in Sidmouth on Boxing Day
- Credit: Archant
Countdown to town’s Christmas tradition with high hopes for fine weather
Hordes of hardy swimmers are preparing to wash away the Christmas cobwebs by plunging into Sidmouth’s waters on Boxing Day.
The tradition has been a festive favourite in the town for more than 30 years and, with just a few days to go, there are high hopes for fine weather and a good turnout.
Organisers have warned swimmers to take heed if - like last year - they are forced to pull the plug. They said anyone who disregarded the decision could put themselves in danger.
Entrants are asked to gather in front of Sidmouth Sailing Club, from 10.30am for an 11am start. The event is always weather permitting.
You may also want to watch:
Fancy dress is welcome.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 5 Debut in the Dartmoor League
- 6 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 7 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 8 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open