Swimming success for cubs
- Credit: Archant
A team of seven boys from the 1st Sid Vale Cubs celebrated success after spending a Sunday afternoon competing at Middlemoor police pool in the Devon District Cub Swimming Gala.
A group of Dougal Hastie, Adam Dunford, Oliver Beech, Ryan Cozens, Henry Rousseau, Charlie Williams and Luke Wheeler were among nine teams from all over the county, which the biggest ever turnout.
The boys all put in fine performances and landed a number of individual and team medals.
Oliver scored a gold in the freestyle as did Dougal in the breaststroke.
A freestyle team consisting of Dougal, Oliver, Adam and Ryan also won a gold.
You may also want to watch:
All were in the under-nine-and-a-half category.
The over-nine-and-a-half team was slightly depleted by illness but Ryan Cozens stepped up to make up the relay team and was rewarded with a bronze medal for his efforts, the others in the team were Henry, Charlie and Luke r.
- 1 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 2 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 3 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
- 4 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 5 As fuel poverty bites we ask who cares for the carers?
- 6 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 7 Sidmouth Repair Cafe set to reopen later this month
- 8 East Devon affordable housing task force
- 9 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth
- 10 Village panto group secures prestigious national award
There were also medals for Henry, who gained a silver in the backstroke.
The culmination of the event was the district relay, the team was made up of two younger and two older boys.
The team of Dougal, Oliver, Henry, and Charlie proved too strong for the opposition and were again victorious and came away with the gold.
The boys felt extra proud as their efforts helped East Devon win the overall competition for the very first time.