Swimming success for cubs
- Credit: Archant
A team of seven boys from the 1st Sid Vale Cubs celebrated success after spending a Sunday afternoon competing at Middlemoor police pool in the Devon District Cub Swimming Gala.
A group of Dougal Hastie, Adam Dunford, Oliver Beech, Ryan Cozens, Henry Rousseau, Charlie Williams and Luke Wheeler were among nine teams from all over the county, which the biggest ever turnout.
The boys all put in fine performances and landed a number of individual and team medals.
Oliver scored a gold in the freestyle as did Dougal in the breaststroke.
A freestyle team consisting of Dougal, Oliver, Adam and Ryan also won a gold.
You may also want to watch:
All were in the under-nine-and-a-half category.
The over-nine-and-a-half team was slightly depleted by illness but Ryan Cozens stepped up to make up the relay team and was rewarded with a bronze medal for his efforts, the others in the team were Henry, Charlie and Luke r.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 5 The more we work together the better it will be
- 6 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 7 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 8 Golfing season underway at Sidmouth GC
- 9 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 10 Property of the Week: Ridgeway in Ottery St Mary
There were also medals for Henry, who gained a silver in the backstroke.
The culmination of the event was the district relay, the team was made up of two younger and two older boys.
The team of Dougal, Oliver, Henry, and Charlie proved too strong for the opposition and were again victorious and came away with the gold.
The boys felt extra proud as their efforts helped East Devon win the overall competition for the very first time.