‘Tactics change’ boosts behaviour in Sidmouth
A CHANGE in police tactics has seen a “dramatic” reduction in anti-social behaviour in a Sidmouth car park.
Youths in vehicles loitering in Manor Road had a “serious effect” on nearby residents and businesses, according to police.
However, a move that saw police team up with East Devon District Council (EDDC) officers has seen positive steps made, said Sergeant Andy Turner.
Both authorities jointly used their powers to deal with the offenders responsible for causing distress to residents.
“The effect has been positive and has seen a dramatic reduction in anti-social behaviour,” said Sgt Turner.
You may also want to watch:
“The tactic is now being repeated in other towns with the same positive result.”
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 5 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 6 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 7 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 8 The more we work together the better it will be
- 9 I want seafront cafe and restaurant to be something Exmouth can be proud of
- 10 Future housing may be destined for out of town sites