‘Tactics change’ boosts behaviour in Sidmouth
A CHANGE in police tactics has seen a “dramatic” reduction in anti-social behaviour in a Sidmouth car park.
Youths in vehicles loitering in Manor Road had a “serious effect” on nearby residents and businesses, according to police.
However, a move that saw police team up with East Devon District Council (EDDC) officers has seen positive steps made, said Sergeant Andy Turner.
Both authorities jointly used their powers to deal with the offenders responsible for causing distress to residents.
“The effect has been positive and has seen a dramatic reduction in anti-social behaviour,” said Sgt Turner.
You may also want to watch:
“The tactic is now being repeated in other towns with the same positive result.”
- 1 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 2 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 3 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
- 4 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 5 As fuel poverty bites we ask who cares for the carers?
- 6 Village panto group secures prestigious national award
- 7 Sidmouth Repair Cafe set to reopen later this month
- 8 East Devon affordable housing task force
- 9 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 10 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth