Tails wag for birthday bash
TAILS are wagging in Branscombe ahead of a special birthday party.
A doggy birthday party will take place at Branscombe beach on Monday, September 6.
This is the sixth year that Richard Fuell, of Parkfield Terrace, has organised the event for his pooch Dave and her two sisters Pip and Holly It is a private party, for family members canine and human.
The pups’ dad Sam, mum Sky, her brother Finlay and cousin Marby are invited, along with Dave four one-year-old pups Cheino, Trigger, Shanty and Misty. All of the blue merle collies live in the village, apart from Shanty and Misty, who are coming from Oxford and Exmouth respectively.
It all began when Sky’s owners, Jill and Tony Johnson, of Cotte Close, wanted to mark the pups’ first birthday. Jill said: “What started as a silly funny idea has snowballed into quite an event and it’s grown every year since.”
You may also want to watch:
Last year there were more dogs than people – 25 to 23 - and everyone sang happy birthday.
Richard, 29, who works at the Sea Shanty restaurant at the beach, said: “All the dogs go mental, running around and playing.”
- 1 The annual Marriott Trophy at Sidmouth Town Football Club
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 4 The questions of British Lions selection
- 5 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 6 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 7 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 8 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 9 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 10 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
This party could be poignant. Richard said: “Finlay’s getting old, he can’t get around like he used to. This may be the last time they are all here together.”