Take a spring walk in the arboretum and other news
- Credit: Getty Images
A spring walk at Knowle will help Sidmouth Arboretum to mark National Gardening Week on Sunday, April 21.
MAPLE MARVEL: A spring walk at Knowle will help Sidmouth Arboretum to mark National Gardening Week on Sunday, April 21.
The walk will focus on maples – mainly known for their flamboyant autumn colours, but just watching these delicate and colourful leaves unfold is one of the joys of spring.
Hugh Angus, international maple expert, will lead the walk around the maples of the Knowle parkland and into private gardens in the Knowle area.
It will end at Farthingwood.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets (£5) are available from Paragon Books and numbers are limited.
- 1 New £14m Sidmouth Beach Management Plan takes major step forward
- 2 Immigration suspect arrested after fire in empty Sidmouth shop
- 3 Sidmouth's 'fantastic' new amphitheatre 'an asset to the town'
- 4 Flood project construction vehicles end up in deep water
- 5 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 6 ‘Can we fix it? Yes we can!’ Sidmouth Repair Cafe seeks new team members
- 7 Book your tickets for wine tasting in Sidmouth
- 8 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 9 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 10 Sidmouth undone by powerful St Austell performance
LONG PARK: Sidmouth Town Football Club will be asked to cut the grass at Long Park in return for being allowed to use the plot.
The site’s town council landlords are looking into reaching an agreement with the club over the matter, which would also see it mow the entire Manstone Recreation Field from April, 2014. Councillors backed the proposed move on Monday and the town clerk will review the current field usage agreement.
GARDEN OPENING: The gardens at Sidbury Manor are opening tomorrow (Saturday) and Sunday (April 20 and 21) from 2pm until 5pm to boost a number of charities. Admission is £4.50 for adults and free for children.