Take a spring walk in the arboretum and other news
- Credit: Getty Images
A spring walk at Knowle will help Sidmouth Arboretum to mark National Gardening Week on Sunday, April 21.
MAPLE MARVEL: A spring walk at Knowle will help Sidmouth Arboretum to mark National Gardening Week on Sunday, April 21.
The walk will focus on maples – mainly known for their flamboyant autumn colours, but just watching these delicate and colourful leaves unfold is one of the joys of spring.
Hugh Angus, international maple expert, will lead the walk around the maples of the Knowle parkland and into private gardens in the Knowle area.
It will end at Farthingwood.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets (£5) are available from Paragon Books and numbers are limited.
- 1 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 2 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 3 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 4 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
- 5 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 6 Youngsters invited to join in Fairtrade Fortnight competition
- 7 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 8 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 9 Rugby on a rollercoaster of disruption
- 10 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
LONG PARK: Sidmouth Town Football Club will be asked to cut the grass at Long Park in return for being allowed to use the plot.
The site’s town council landlords are looking into reaching an agreement with the club over the matter, which would also see it mow the entire Manstone Recreation Field from April, 2014. Councillors backed the proposed move on Monday and the town clerk will review the current field usage agreement.
GARDEN OPENING: The gardens at Sidbury Manor are opening tomorrow (Saturday) and Sunday (April 20 and 21) from 2pm until 5pm to boost a number of charities. Admission is £4.50 for adults and free for children.