Talatones celebrate �7k lottery handout
OTTERY S Talatone hand-bell ringers celebrated getting their hands on a �7,000 National Lottery cash bonanza last Monday.
OTTERY'S Talatone hand-bell ringers celebrated getting their hands on a �7,000 National Lottery cash bonanza last Monday.
The Herald reported how the group, which practises in the town's Catholic Church every Monday and is funded purely by donations, will splash the cash on a brand-new set of 25 bells- meaning it will own it's instruments for the first time in it's 25-year history.
Jubilant ringers lavished special praise on group secretary Joan Dalton and her husband John for "never admitting defeat" in their funding bid.
The National Lottery's Awards For All fund had previously turned down a Talatones cash plea to refurbish their borrowed bells.
You may also want to watch:
John described determined Joan as being "like a dog with a bone" in her quest for the cash.
The group is now on the lookout for new members. Anybody interested can contact Joan on (01404) 815082.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Joma Devon and Exeter League Weekend Fixtures
- 7 Sidmouth Ladies restart with a golf comp
- 8 Try tennis for FREE at Sidford Tennis Club
- 9 Future housing may be destined for out of town sites
- 10 Sidmouth in Bloom seating project full of civic pride