Talatones celebrate �7k lottery handout
OTTERY S Talatone hand-bell ringers celebrated getting their hands on a �7,000 National Lottery cash bonanza last Monday.
OTTERY'S Talatone hand-bell ringers celebrated getting their hands on a �7,000 National Lottery cash bonanza last Monday.
The Herald reported how the group, which practises in the town's Catholic Church every Monday and is funded purely by donations, will splash the cash on a brand-new set of 25 bells- meaning it will own it's instruments for the first time in it's 25-year history.
Jubilant ringers lavished special praise on group secretary Joan Dalton and her husband John for "never admitting defeat" in their funding bid.
The National Lottery's Awards For All fund had previously turned down a Talatones cash plea to refurbish their borrowed bells.
You may also want to watch:
John described determined Joan as being "like a dog with a bone" in her quest for the cash.
The group is now on the lookout for new members. Anybody interested can contact Joan on (01404) 815082.
- 1 Saved from the bin! Charity shop staff hunt for mistaken items
- 2 Family trip to seaside ends in dramatic rescue from rip tide
- 3 'No further action' after 11 deaths at Sidford care home
- 4 Old Fore Street pedestrian zone will be open for bicycles to use
- 5 Plans to pedestrianise Sidmouth town centre put forward
- 6 Smart mowing will create a corridor for small creatures
- 7 Rugby youngsters finish season with five tries
- 8 Born for the screen - Exmouth's very own Liver Bird
- 9 Once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to welcome world leaders to South West
- 10 Council praised for prompt action as travellers move into rugby club