Talatones celebrate �7k lottery handout
OTTERY S Talatone hand-bell ringers celebrated getting their hands on a �7,000 National Lottery cash bonanza last Monday.
OTTERY'S Talatone hand-bell ringers celebrated getting their hands on a �7,000 National Lottery cash bonanza last Monday.
The Herald reported how the group, which practises in the town's Catholic Church every Monday and is funded purely by donations, will splash the cash on a brand-new set of 25 bells- meaning it will own it's instruments for the first time in it's 25-year history.
Jubilant ringers lavished special praise on group secretary Joan Dalton and her husband John for "never admitting defeat" in their funding bid.
The National Lottery's Awards For All fund had previously turned down a Talatones cash plea to refurbish their borrowed bells.
You may also want to watch:
John described determined Joan as being "like a dog with a bone" in her quest for the cash.
The group is now on the lookout for new members. Anybody interested can contact Joan on (01404) 815082.
- 1 Fire service warns against stockpiling petrol at home
- 2 Town's garden efforts on display at Chelsea Flower Show
- 3 East Devon reports rise in Covid cases
- 4 Can you hear me? Science festival will attempt a new tin can phone world record
- 5 Judges announced for town champions awards
- 6 Town's Morris dancers are looking for volunteers to step up
- 7 7 of the prettiest streets in Sidmouth
- 8 Property of the Week: Ocean Quest, Exmouth
- 9 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Devon
- 10 What a difference a ‘K’ makes