Talented Sidmouth duo take theatre by storm
TWO talented Sidmouth actors are among a group of youngsters performing in a production in Exeter next week. Tom Stokes, 13 and 15-year-old Alexander Holme will be appearing in Through The Wardrobe, a new play by Exeter playwright Natalie McGrath. A gro
TWO talented Sidmouth actors are among a group of youngsters performing in a production in Exeter next week.
Tom Stokes, 13 and 15-year-old Alexander Holme will be appearing in Through The Wardrobe, a new play by Exeter playwright Natalie McGrath.
A group of children become lost backstage in this fantastical adventure, inspired by the contents of Exeter Northcott's wardrobe store at Emmanuel Hall.
Joining the Wardrobe Mistress in a search for the golden thread she needs to finish her costumes, they enter an imaginary world populated by strange creatures, including pirates, dancing pumpkins and giant weaving looms.
You may also want to watch:
The production features performers from the Northcott Young Company and Northcott Community Company, including Tom and Alexander.
The play takes place on Monday at Rougemont Gardens, Exeter from 6.30pm. Tickets are �5 and are available through the box office (01392) 493493. For more information visit www.exeternorthcott.co.uk.
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 3 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 4 'Going out on a high' - food festival chairman hands over the reins after this year's successful event
- 5 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 6 Sidmouth woman's legal hearing over Covid deaths in care homes adjourned
- 7 Storms and stormy weather... past, present, and future
- 8 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 9 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 10 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses