Meet the Lady who lives at Highclere Castle in Newbury, where Downton Abbey was filmed
- Credit: Courtesy of Lady Carnavon
She will be giving the first of this year’s Meet The Author talks at Kennaway House
Fans of Downton Abbey should not miss a talk by a present-day member of the aristocracy who lives in the stately home where the TV series was filmed.
Highclere Castle in Newbury is the real-life home of the 8th Earl and Countess of Carnavon, and Lady Carnavon will be giving the first of this year’s Meet The Author talks at Kennaway House in Sidmouth, at 2pm on Monday, March 25.
She has written three books on the history of the castle and also writes a blog on day-to-day life at the castle and her own childhood memories.
Her latest book is At Home at Highclere: Entertaining at The Real Downton Abbey.
You may also want to watch:
The talk will be followed by an afternoon tea served in the Cellar Bar.
Tickets are £25, and available by phone or in person from Kennaway House, 01395 515551, Coburg Road, Sidmouth EX10 8NG.
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Further improvements for Sidmouth Town FC
- 4 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 7 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 8 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 9 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 10 Set aside a wild patch in your garden - better to watch than the television!