Talks over NHS Trust move in Ottery
A meeting over plans for the organisation which runs Ottery Hospital to become a foundation Trust will take place in the town.
Northern Devon Healthcare NHS Trust is holding a consultation on Wednesday at 2pm in The Institute.
NHS Foundation Trusts are more accountable to local people through their membership, which is made up of NHS staff, residents and stakeholder organisations to ensure local people have a voice.
The trust is holding a series of public meetings to consult on its plans, but also to hear what people value about their local NHS services and where they think efforts should go to improve them further.
Jac Kelly, chief executive of the trust, said: “We feel that, as an NHS Foundation Trust, we can play a much greater role in supporting the health needs of our local communities.
You may also want to watch:
“This meeting in Ottery St Mary is open to all and is your chance to let us know what you think about our plans so I would urge as many of you as possible to come along.”
- 1 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 2 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 3 Sidmouth woman's legal challenge over care home Covid deaths begins at High Court
- 4 Gold award success for Sidmouth and 'outstanding' community projects praised by South West In Bloom
- 5 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 6 Five Things to do in East Devon this October half Term
- 7 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
- 8 Sidmouth Repair Cafe set to reopen later this month
- 9 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 10 Read all about it! Toto pays a visit to the bookshop