Talks over NHS Trust move in Ottery
A meeting over plans for the organisation which runs Ottery Hospital to become a foundation Trust will take place in the town.
Northern Devon Healthcare NHS Trust is holding a consultation on Wednesday at 2pm in The Institute.
NHS Foundation Trusts are more accountable to local people through their membership, which is made up of NHS staff, residents and stakeholder organisations to ensure local people have a voice.
The trust is holding a series of public meetings to consult on its plans, but also to hear what people value about their local NHS services and where they think efforts should go to improve them further.
Jac Kelly, chief executive of the trust, said: “We feel that, as an NHS Foundation Trust, we can play a much greater role in supporting the health needs of our local communities.
You may also want to watch:
“This meeting in Ottery St Mary is open to all and is your chance to let us know what you think about our plans so I would urge as many of you as possible to come along.”
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Joma Devon & Exeter League Results
- 7 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 8 Future housing may be destined for out of town sites
- 9 New exhibition features Sidmouth view
- 10 Sidmouth music man raises thousands-of-pounds for cancer charity