Tamsin runs for mum in London Marathon
Challenge for charity close to their hearts
A PRIMARY school teacher from Newton Poppleford was running for her mum when she took on the London Marathon today to boost a cause close to both their hearts.
Tamsin Page, 24, tackled her first-ever long-distance challenge at the same age that her mother, Jenny, was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis (MS).
Former Sidmouth College student, Tamsin, says Jenny’s bravery and kindness over the years spurred her on.
She hopes to raise �2,000 for the Multiple Sclerosis Society and completing the marathon is one of her lifetime ambitions.
You may also want to watch:
Before starting a dedicated training regime, Tamsin hadn’t even run half the 26-mile distance.
“I’ll definitely be running for my mum. When the pain hits I’ll think about her and the money I’m raising,” said Tamsin, a former lifeguard at Sidmouth Swimming Pool who is now teaching in London, last week.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Sidmouth Ladies restart with a golf comp
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League Weekend Fixtures
- 8 Try tennis for FREE at Sidford Tennis Club
- 9 Local photographer captures the beauty of The Byes with his wildlife shots
- 10 Sidmouth in Bloom seating project full of civic pride
Jenny, 57, used to be a maths teacher at Sidmouth College.
“I’ve always been close to my mum,” said Tamsin.
“She has suffered from MS since she was 24, so it’s quite poignant I’m doing this at the same age.
“Mum has always been dedicated in everything she has done – and is not one to give up on herself. It’s difficult for her, she’s not very mobile anymore, but she’s always been a person who wants to do things for other people .
“By doing this, I feel like I’m giving her something back. She’s very proud of me.”
You can help Tamsin reach her fundraising goal by visiting www.uk.virginmoneygiving.comtamsinpage, or sending a cheque payable to her at 3 Hazel Close, Newton Poppleford, EX10 0DJ.