Tap dancers raise grand total
TAP dancers from Sidmouth and Newton Poppleford took part in a UK Tapathon event on Sunday.
The session at Lympstone Village Hall was part of a nationwide bid to set a new world record for the most tapdancers dancing the same routine at the same time in venues all over the country.
At the same time, the 16 participants were raising money for Children in Need.
Newton Poppleford resident Barry Easter organised the event. While disappointed that more of the local tap classes and dance schools did not rise to the challenge, he said he achieved his target and �1,000 was raised from sponsorship and donations.
“Thanks to all who took part,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
This will be an annual event and Barry hopes that next year more will take part.
“If I could get 50 or more tappers together it would be really impressive.” he said.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Debut in the Dartmoor League
- 5 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 6 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 7 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 8 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 9 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 10 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open