Vandals cause £150 of damage in sensory garden
- Credit: Archant
More than a 1,000 litres of water was wasted after vandals damaged a water butt in the town’s sensory gardens.
The incident occurred on Easter Monday, when the vandals snapped the taps off the 2,500-litre containers and discarded them across the garden, located in The Ham.
A police spokesman said: “Police are investigating an act of criminal damage at The Ham, Sidmouth, which took place at around 7pm on Monday 22 April. Two plastic water butts had their taps broken.”
Sidmouth in Bloom volunteers reported 1,300 litres had been spilt and estimated the damage would cost about £150.
Peter Endersby, from Sidmouth in Bloom, said: “Sidmouth in Bloom relies on this water for not only the garden but for work in the town as well.”
You may also want to watch:
The incident was reported to police and anyone with information can contact the force by calling 101
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Further improvements for Sidmouth Town FC
- 4 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 7 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 8 Golfing season underway at Sidmouth GC
- 9 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 10 The more we work together the better it will be