Taskforce tackles Sidford rugby planting
Volunteers clear and plant Devon banks around Sidmouth Rugby Club’s new car park
A HARDY group of volunteers spent Saturday weeding Devon banks surrounding Sidmouth Rugby Club’s new car park at Sidford’s recreation pitches.
The car park is part of an exciting new development for the junior rugby club, which includes a new pavilion that is due to open shortly.
Having prepared the banks, the taskforce planted out indigenous species of hedgerow saplings, including Blackthorn, Guelder Rose, Field Maple, Hazel and Dogwood.
After a winter of hibernation, the saplings should start to create a screening hedge in next spring’s growing season.
You may also want to watch:
Craig Morgan, from the rugby club, thanked all those who helped.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Can you help Ottery become plastic free?
- 5 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 6 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 7 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 8 Build Back Fairer by supporting Fairtrade in Sidmouth
- 9 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 10 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way