Taskforce tackles Sidford rugby planting
Volunteers clear and plant Devon banks around Sidmouth Rugby Club’s new car park
A HARDY group of volunteers spent Saturday weeding Devon banks surrounding Sidmouth Rugby Club’s new car park at Sidford’s recreation pitches.
The car park is part of an exciting new development for the junior rugby club, which includes a new pavilion that is due to open shortly.
Having prepared the banks, the taskforce planted out indigenous species of hedgerow saplings, including Blackthorn, Guelder Rose, Field Maple, Hazel and Dogwood.
After a winter of hibernation, the saplings should start to create a screening hedge in next spring’s growing season.
You may also want to watch:
Craig Morgan, from the rugby club, thanked all those who helped.
- 1 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 2 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 3 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 4 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 5 Organisers thrilled with super science festival turnout
- 6 Sporting tribute to club stalwart from grateful members
- 7 'More visible' speed limit signs to be installed on A375 Sidbury Hill
- 8 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth
- 9 Elusive mackerel still popping up for Devon anglers
- 10 Major road repair scheme will reduce patching