Tea and chat at Sidmouth Garden Centre and other news
- Credit: Getty Images/BananaStock RF
Tea and chat sessions will return to Sidmouth Garden Centre on Sunday, January 20. Read this and more.
BAND NIGHT: McSmiths and the Fridge-a-daires will be playing at St Teresa’s Hall in Radway next Saturday (January 19) in aid of the Pilgrimage Trust.
Tickets are £7, which includes fish and chips, and there is a licensed bar.
WEATHER HISTORY: A recently awarded Sidmouth scientist is leading a discussion on meteorology next week.
Brian Golding OBE will be giving a presentation on the history of weather forecasting before opening the floor for talks at the Café Scientifique on Thursday (January 18).
He was given his title in the New Year Honours for services to forecasting and the prediction of hazardous weather.
- 1 'Good news - a new restaurant in Sidmouth!'
- 2 Broadband firm apologises for late-night roadworks noise
- 3 Sidmouth greenkeepers fighting for the perfect bowling surface
- 4 Ottery's beautiful and historic church - 'little sister' to Exeter Cathedral
- 5 'A rise in parking charges will hit locals hardest'
- 6 What makes Sidmouth the perfect place to live?
- 7 Major road in Sidmouth to close for THREE months
- 8 Mayor's New Year message and ideas sought for Jubilee celebrations
- 9 New pizza restaurant opens on Sidmouth seafront
- 10 'People are now too smart to fall for Tory culture wars...'
The open group meets monthly in Old Fore Street’s Costa Coffee at 3pm.
TEA AND CHAT: Tea and chat sessions will return to Sidmouth Garden Centre on Sunday, January 20.
The regular event, which takes place on the third Sunday of each month, begins at 3pm.
It has been organised for people ‘at a loose end’ and all are welcome.
Contact Audrey on 01395 568742 for more information.