‘Tea in the Paddock’ event a big success at The Donkey Sanctuary, Sidmouth
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of people enjoyed a ‘Tea in the Paddock’ event at The Donkey Sanctuary.
The free family fun day, over the Easter weekend, provided a whole host of activities including live music, donkey grooming, trailer rides, Devon cream teas. Free ice creams for children also proved very popular.
The day celebrated the new attractions for 2018 at The Donkey Sanctuary. It was also a chance to thank those who had shown their support during two years of building work as the donkey hospital was moved to a purpose-built veterinary hospital at Brookfield, Honiton, and the new exhibition barn, restaurant and gift shop was completed.
The day gave visitors the perfect chance to explore all the new attractions, as well as meet the adorable donkeys who live at the sanctuary.
Over the Easter holidays, The Donkey Sanctuary has a daily programme of events to keep everyone entertained, including guided tours, demonstrations and an Easter egg hunt.
You may also want to watch:
Entry and parking is free. Dogs on leads are welcome.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 3 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 4 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 5 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 6 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 7 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 8 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 9 Anglers travelling further for fishing delights
- 10 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again