'Team Fitz' Channel swim celebration
A GRAND celebration will be held on Beer Beach next month by Team Fitz who recently swam the choppy English Channel in aid of charity. The event has been organised by the FitzHenry family from Sidmouth for family, friends and supporters of the team. Six
A GRAND celebration will be held on Beer Beach next month by 'Team Fitz' who recently swam the choppy English Channel in aid of charity.
The event has been organised by the FitzHenry family from Sidmouth for family, friends and supporters of the team.
Six family members, Paul and his brothers, David and Neal and Paul's three sons, Lee, Daniel and Craig swam the Channel in relay, one hour at a time on July 26.
The challenge, starting at Dover, took 14 hours and 18 minutes to complete and they hope to raise in the region of £20,000 for their charities, the Motor Neurone Association, the Exeter Leukaemia Fund and Rays of Sunshine which grants wished to terminally ill children.
You may also want to watch:
The team will meet on September 20 in the area of Duckys which is open for breakfasts at 10.30am.
Geoff Hulley, past president of the Otter Vale Rotary Club, who made a large donation on behalf of the club has invited other Rotary clubs in Devon to join the celebrations.
- 1 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 2 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 3 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 4 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 5 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 6 Stepping out for charity in honour of Sir Captain Tom's legacy
- 7 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 8 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
A large cheque will also be presented to Sir John Evans Vice-Patron of Exeter Leukaemia Fund who will be accepting it on behalf of all three charities sponsored by 'Team Fitz'.
Alternative arrangements for catering have been made in the Function Room of the Dolphin Hotel in case of adverse weather conditions and an e-mail will be sent out 24 hours ahead of time on September 19.
Donations can be made online on the team website, www.swimlikeafitz.co.uk.