Sidmouth Hospital staff win two awards
- Credit: Archant
Treating patients like family and excellent service has bagged the team at Sidmouth Hospital a top award.
Hospital staff faced stiff competition as it took home two prizes including Facility Team of the Year.
Team co-ordinator Kevin Birks was also recognised for his work to receive the exceptional team member of the year award.
Gary Leaman, facility team leader, praised the staff’s efforts of going the extra mile while cleaning and delivering meals, including efforts to hold a party for patients wanting to watch the Royal Wedding.
Gary said: “It was amazing, we have a great team and it’s nice to be appreciated. We treat every patient as if it is their parent, it takes a little extra time to tidy because someone wants to have a chat, we are quite happy to listen. You say things like you’ll be back to dancing next week, I know you will and I want to have the first dance. They love that.”
You may also want to watch:
Graham Vincent, hospital comforts fund chairman, said: “I know they faced stiff competition but worked extremely hard to achieve this success.”
- 1 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 2 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 3 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 4 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 5 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 6 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 7 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 8 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 9 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 10 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat