Sidmouth Hospital staff win two awards
- Credit: Archant
Treating patients like family and excellent service has bagged the team at Sidmouth Hospital a top award.
Hospital staff faced stiff competition as it took home two prizes including Facility Team of the Year.
Team co-ordinator Kevin Birks was also recognised for his work to receive the exceptional team member of the year award.
Gary Leaman, facility team leader, praised the staff’s efforts of going the extra mile while cleaning and delivering meals, including efforts to hold a party for patients wanting to watch the Royal Wedding.
Gary said: “It was amazing, we have a great team and it’s nice to be appreciated. We treat every patient as if it is their parent, it takes a little extra time to tidy because someone wants to have a chat, we are quite happy to listen. You say things like you’ll be back to dancing next week, I know you will and I want to have the first dance. They love that.”
You may also want to watch:
Graham Vincent, hospital comforts fund chairman, said: “I know they faced stiff competition but worked extremely hard to achieve this success.”
- 1 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 2 Commemorative elm tree planted to mark National Tree Warden scheme's 30th anniversary
- 3 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 4 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 5 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 6 Nicola hoping to inspire Sidmouth slimmers through weight loss
- 7 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 8 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 9 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 10 £12,500 donated to lockdown laptops for schools appeal