Teams to race on ‘mega’ paddle board on Sidmouth beach
- Credit: Archant
Teams will be racing for the best time on a ‘mega’ paddle board when a watersports business thanks its customers with a fundraiser for Sidmouth Lifeboat.
To mark Jurassic Paddle Sports’ fifth season, Guy Russell is planning a fun, family-friendly challenge to boost awareness of water safety next Sunday, August 27. Teams of six to eight will paddle a measured distance on the 17ft board, with prizes for the best times and goodies for everyone who enters.
Guy, the lifeboat’s senior coxswain, said: “The giant paddle board is great fun; kids love it. It’s about fun, but I also want to raise awareness about water safety.”
He will provide all the equipment for the event, currently planned for between 10am and noon.
Entry is £10 per team. All the proceeds will go to Sidmouth Lifeboat.
You may also want to watch:
Children are welcome but must be accompanied by adults.
Call Guy to enter on 07580 161367.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 5 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 6 Young Vikings enjoy victory on the main pitch
- 7 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 Mighty Greens conquer Plym Trail marathon
- 10 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip