Tearful appeal after Sidmouth grandma loses photos
A Sidmouth grandma makes an emotional appeal for return of treasured photographs
A SIDMOUTH grandma who lost her camera while enjoying May Bank Holiday weekend on the seafront with her grandchildren, has made an emotional plea to the person who found it.
She desperately wants the memory card from the �100 silver Fuji Fine Pix J10 digital camera returned to her, as some of the pictures are irreplaceable.
Her tearful appeal for its return comes through Sidmouth Police.
“There are photographs on the card she will never be able to replace,” said Debbie Hollamby, police support officer at Sidmouth, who says the woman, who does not want to be named, is happy for the ‘finder’ to keep the camera.
You may also want to watch:
“She doesn’t want it back, all she wants back is that memory card, so if you picked up the camera she is asking you to contact the police, who are not worried about the camera, and as a reward for returning the card she is happy for the person to keep the camera and have the box it came in, the charger, instruction booklet and a spare memory card.”
The small camera was inside a brown Italian leather key case and was lost around May 29/30.
- 1 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 2 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 3 Prince Philip's legacy is guaranteed through awards scheme
- 4 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 5 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 6 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 7 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 8 Grab your chance to win a new TV from Fords South West Ltd
- 9 Ottery retirement community with Easter thank you for keyworkers
- 10 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National
“She was down on the seafront with her grandchildren and put it down, then walked away,” said Debbie, who said the woman was close to tears at the thought of losing her photographs.
Meanwhile a black camera in a black case has been handed in and Debbie would like to find its rightful owner. “It was found in the Radway area on June 16 on a seat outside Sidmouth Conservative Club,” she said. If you can help with either appeal, contact Sidmouth Police on (08452) 777 444.