Tearful appeal after Sidmouth grandma loses photos
A Sidmouth grandma makes an emotional appeal for return of treasured photographs
A SIDMOUTH grandma who lost her camera while enjoying May Bank Holiday weekend on the seafront with her grandchildren, has made an emotional plea to the person who found it.
She desperately wants the memory card from the �100 silver Fuji Fine Pix J10 digital camera returned to her, as some of the pictures are irreplaceable.
Her tearful appeal for its return comes through Sidmouth Police.
“There are photographs on the card she will never be able to replace,” said Debbie Hollamby, police support officer at Sidmouth, who says the woman, who does not want to be named, is happy for the ‘finder’ to keep the camera.
You may also want to watch:
“She doesn’t want it back, all she wants back is that memory card, so if you picked up the camera she is asking you to contact the police, who are not worried about the camera, and as a reward for returning the card she is happy for the person to keep the camera and have the box it came in, the charger, instruction booklet and a spare memory card.”
The small camera was inside a brown Italian leather key case and was lost around May 29/30.
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 Community rally around pensioner in hour of need
- 3 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 4 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 5 Nature's own nocturnal acrobats gracing the skies in Devon
- 6 Month of the dead is a time to remember loved ones
- 7 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 8 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 9 Band are back... and music lovers brave rain to enjoy show
- 10 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
“She was down on the seafront with her grandchildren and put it down, then walked away,” said Debbie, who said the woman was close to tears at the thought of losing her photographs.
Meanwhile a black camera in a black case has been handed in and Debbie would like to find its rightful owner. “It was found in the Radway area on June 16 on a seat outside Sidmouth Conservative Club,” she said. If you can help with either appeal, contact Sidmouth Police on (08452) 777 444.