Tearful ‘thank-you’ from ‘face of Sidmouth police’ Debs
THE public face of Sidmouth police issued a heartfelt thank-you when she said an emotional goodbye to the force after decades of service.
THE public face of Sidmouth police issued a heartfelt thank-you as she said an emotional goodbye to the force after decades of service.
Tearful Station Enquiry Officer Debbie Hollamby was the subject of scores of best wishes when she left the role after 17 years of helping residents and visitors.
The front desk at the town’s Temple Street police hub shut on Wednesday, April 27, after Debbie, 45, was made redundant in constabulary cuts.
Colleagues sprung a surprise farewell breakfast for Debbie and presented her with a special book with messages from countless well-wishers including friends, shopkeepers and councillors.
You may also want to watch:
“It was really lovely,” said Debbie, “I’ve cried a few tears over that.”
She was also grateful for flowers and a special police themed cake. A collection netted the mum-of-one the chance to be a zoo-keeper for the day at the Dartmoor Zoological Park.
- 1 New £14m Sidmouth Beach Management Plan takes major step forward
- 2 Sidmouth's 'fantastic' new amphitheatre 'an asset to the town'
- 3 Immigration suspect arrested after fire in empty Sidmouth shop
- 4 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 5 Book your tickets for wine tasting in Sidmouth
- 6 ‘Can we fix it? Yes we can!’ Sidmouth Repair Cafe seeks new team members
- 7 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 8 Flood project construction vehicles end up in deep water
- 9 Sidmouth Brass Academy set to play again
- 10 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
“It was amazing gift,” said Debbie, “a really big thank you to everyone.
“They gave me the plaque from the front desk door which says ‘open 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday’ and told me I’ve got to put it on my house!”
“I’ll miss the banter,” she added.
Debbie joined the police as a special constable when she was 19-years-old.