Teen assault victim has teeth knocked out
- Credit: Archant
A TEENAGE assault victim was kicked so hard in the face that his two front teeth were knocked out.
Police are appealing for witnesses after a 16-year-old boy was injured in Sidmouth in the early hours of Saturday (August 10) as the town enjoyed the end of FolkWeek.
The incident happened at around 1am) in Ham Lane during the town’s folk festival.
The victim was kicked in the face and his upper two front teeth were completely knocked out, said PC Jason Colcutt of Honiton CID.
PC Colcutt added: “We would like anyone who may have seen the incident or who was in the area at the time to come forward. This happened on the last night of the Sidmouth folk festival and there were a lot of people around. We are hopeful that someone will have seen the assault.”
You may also want to watch:
Ham Lane, by Sidmouth swimming pool, leads up to the seafront and The Esplanade.
Anyone who witnessed the incident, or has any information, is asked to call police on 101 quoting crime reference: KS/13/457.
- 1 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 4 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 5 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 6 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 7 Sidmouth Rugby Club’s Devon success stories
- 8 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
- 9 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 10 Hedges are 'valued for the huge benefits they bring for wildlife'
Alternatively, Crimestoppers can be called anonymously on 0800 555111.
• A police spokesman said a 19-year-old man from Honiton has been arrested on suspicion of assault and released on police bail until October pending further enquiries.