Teen assault victim has teeth knocked out
- Credit: Archant
A TEENAGE assault victim was kicked so hard in the face that his two front teeth were knocked out.
Police are appealing for witnesses after a 16-year-old boy was injured in Sidmouth in the early hours of Saturday (August 10) as the town enjoyed the end of FolkWeek.
The incident happened at around 1am) in Ham Lane during the town’s folk festival.
The victim was kicked in the face and his upper two front teeth were completely knocked out, said PC Jason Colcutt of Honiton CID.
PC Colcutt added: “We would like anyone who may have seen the incident or who was in the area at the time to come forward. This happened on the last night of the Sidmouth folk festival and there were a lot of people around. We are hopeful that someone will have seen the assault.”
You may also want to watch:
Ham Lane, by Sidmouth swimming pool, leads up to the seafront and The Esplanade.
Anyone who witnessed the incident, or has any information, is asked to call police on 101 quoting crime reference: KS/13/457.
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 Sidmouth's 'fantastic' new amphitheatre 'an asset to the town'
- 3 Vision Group awards recognise 'champions' who helped Sidmouth pull through lockdown
- 4 Property of the Week: Fortfield Terrace, Sidmouth
- 5 New £14m Sidmouth Beach Management Plan takes major step forward
- 6 Former Sidmouth student campaigns to save Afghan friends from Taliban regime
- 7 New plan to build East Devon back better after the pandemic
- 8 Wednesday's Budget and how it might help those struggling in Devon this winter
- 9 Photo competition will capture the town's important moments
- 10 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
Alternatively, Crimestoppers can be called anonymously on 0800 555111.
• A police spokesman said a 19-year-old man from Honiton has been arrested on suspicion of assault and released on police bail until October pending further enquiries.