Teen hunted down by police dogs for shop break-in
- Credit: Picture: Google
A teenager has been arrested in connection with a burglary at a Sidmouth shop.
Police dog units were launched after reports of two people smashing a large window at the Spar Stores in Temple Street, taking beer.
Officer were called at 10.35pm on Monday, March 11, and arrested a 15-year-old boy from Sherborne on suspicion of burglary.
A police spokesman said the force is searching for another male.
He added: “The offenders were disturbed by a member of the public and ran from the scene, dropping the cans in the process.
You may also want to watch:
“Police units and a dog unit attended and carried out a search.
“A male was detained in Manstone recreation ground a short time later by the police dog unit.”
- 1 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 2 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 3 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 4 Prince Philip's legacy is guaranteed through awards scheme
- 5 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 6 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 7 Ottery retirement community with Easter thank you for keyworkers
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 10 Ella's walks raise more than £3,000 for brain tumour research
Witnesses are asked to come forward by contacting police via email@example.com or phone 101, quoting crime reference CR/021995/19.