Temple Street in Sidmouth closed due to gas leak repair works
- Credit: Archant
Wales & West Ulitilies says it is unable to say when the works are likely to finish.
Temple Street will remain closed while work is carried out to repair a gas leak.
Wales & West Utilities were called to the road on Friday following reports of a gas leak.
A team of engineers found a leak on a pipe in the street and began work to repair it.
Devon County Council has agreed to close the road at the junction with Peaslands Road so work can be carried out.
You may also want to watch:
Jason Gale, Wales & West Utilities operational manager for Sidmouth, said: “Due to the complex nature of the repair work, we are unable to say when we are likely to finish our work in the area. However, we would like to reassure local people that these leaks are minor, and are constantly monitored for safety.
“We know this work is disruptive, but it is important that we fix this leak now so that we can continue to keep gas flowing to homes and businesses in the area. Due to the nature of the work, we are unable to say when we are likely to finish, but our engineers are working as safely and as quickly.”
- 1 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 2 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 3 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 4 Tipton St John children's author wins national award for pioneering work
- 5 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 6 Sid Vale Association marks its 175th anniversary
- 7 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 8 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring
- 9 Popular Sidmouth swimathon set to return this year
- 10 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start