Temple Street in Sidmouth closed due to gas leak repair works
- Credit: Archant
Wales & West Ulitilies says it is unable to say when the works are likely to finish.
Temple Street will remain closed while work is carried out to repair a gas leak.
Wales & West Utilities were called to the road on Friday following reports of a gas leak.
A team of engineers found a leak on a pipe in the street and began work to repair it.
Devon County Council has agreed to close the road at the junction with Peaslands Road so work can be carried out.
You may also want to watch:
Jason Gale, Wales & West Utilities operational manager for Sidmouth, said: “Due to the complex nature of the repair work, we are unable to say when we are likely to finish our work in the area. However, we would like to reassure local people that these leaks are minor, and are constantly monitored for safety.
“We know this work is disruptive, but it is important that we fix this leak now so that we can continue to keep gas flowing to homes and businesses in the area. Due to the nature of the work, we are unable to say when we are likely to finish, but our engineers are working as safely and as quickly.”
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 5 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 6 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 7 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help
- 8 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 9 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 10 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat