Tenants’ conference in Ottery exceeds expectations
ANYONE who has been involved in organising an event knows it owes most of its success to luck.
ANYONE who has been involved in organising an event knows it owes most of its success to luck." So says Council tenant Sue Saunders, who chairs the East Devon Tenant and Leaseholder Customer Panel.
Sue goes on to say: "There must have been a considerable number of people touching wood on Wednesday 17 June because the third East Devon Tenants' Conference succeeded beyond all expectations. The Tumbling Weir Hotel proved itself an ideal venue - comfortable and friendly - and we had a really good turn-out of tenants.
"'Meet the Staff', a non-romantic version of speed-dating, gave each tenant an opportunity to speak to staff from every housing department and the laughter it caused helped to break the ice, setting the mood for the rest of the day.
"Following a delicious lunch we were treated to a talk by Professor Karl Chinn, who lectures in the history of social housing. He turned what could be a dry, boring subject into a lively and thought-provoking experience.
You may also want to watch:
"Talks by Senior Housing Officers; the presence of local Councillors and the Chief Executive, Mark Williams all added to a thoroughly enjoyable day".
Representatives from each area of the EDDC Housing Service were on hand so that tenants could discuss their problems or concerns with officers face-to-face.
- 1 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 2 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 3 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 4 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 5 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 6 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 7 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 10 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
Delegates also heard talks about Devon Wide Choice Based Lettings and details of improvements to the Housing Needs Service.