Thanks a bloomin’ lot for Ottery displays
FLORAL displays have covered recently thanks to Ottery in Bloom and kind volunteers.
The flowers, sponsored by various local businesses, have taken pride of place in areas. Despite being in full bloom three weeks earlier than expected, the colourful displays are expected to last well into September.
Ottery in Bloom residents were eager to thank anyone who had a part in sponsoring the floral displays.
This includes the Inner Wheel Club of Otter Valley, who has this year participated for the first time.
Volunteers maintaining the flowers are also appreciated, including Butts Road and Slade Road residents and Hind Street’s Esso Garage.
You may also want to watch:
Two additional planters, displayed until recently in Tipton St John, are set to be put in place in time for next years competition.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 3 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 4 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 5 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 6 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 9 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 10 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98