Thanks a bloomin’ lot for Ottery displays
FLORAL displays have covered recently thanks to Ottery in Bloom and kind volunteers.
The flowers, sponsored by various local businesses, have taken pride of place in areas. Despite being in full bloom three weeks earlier than expected, the colourful displays are expected to last well into September.
Ottery in Bloom residents were eager to thank anyone who had a part in sponsoring the floral displays.
This includes the Inner Wheel Club of Otter Valley, who has this year participated for the first time.
Volunteers maintaining the flowers are also appreciated, including Butts Road and Slade Road residents and Hind Street’s Esso Garage.
You may also want to watch:
Two additional planters, displayed until recently in Tipton St John, are set to be put in place in time for next years competition.
- 1 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 2 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 3 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth
- 4 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 5 Woman flown to hospital after fall
- 6 GP teams have seen 14% increase on pre-pandemic levels
- 7 Organisers thrilled with super science festival turnout
- 8 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 9 High scoring in the Sidmouth Stablefords
- 10 Sporting tribute to club stalwart from grateful members