Thanks a bloomin’ lot for Ottery displays
FLORAL displays have covered recently thanks to Ottery in Bloom and kind volunteers.
The flowers, sponsored by various local businesses, have taken pride of place in areas. Despite being in full bloom three weeks earlier than expected, the colourful displays are expected to last well into September.
Ottery in Bloom residents were eager to thank anyone who had a part in sponsoring the floral displays.
This includes the Inner Wheel Club of Otter Valley, who has this year participated for the first time.
Volunteers maintaining the flowers are also appreciated, including Butts Road and Slade Road residents and Hind Street’s Esso Garage.
You may also want to watch:
Two additional planters, displayed until recently in Tipton St John, are set to be put in place in time for next years competition.
- 1 Tipton St John children's author wins national award for pioneering work
- 2 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 3 'I feel that front line workers should be vaccinated as soon as possible'
- 4 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 5 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 6 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 7 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 8 How the Beeching Report signalled the end of the line for many local railways
- 9 Tar Barrel Night paintings will help keep the event rolling
- 10 'We are passionate about involving young people in planning'