Thanks for volunteers who get us walking
A special ‘Celebration Day’ is being held tomorrow at Escot for 32 of the volunteers in a successful walking fitness scheme.
Established more than a decade ago, ‘Walking for health’ is for those wanting to improve their health and fitness levels through walking.
More than 5,000 locals took part last year in their various walks, which suit different abilities and range from 40 to 90 minutes and cover different terrains.
There are currently five walks per week covering the East Devon area, with the number taking part continuing to grow, with some groups having up to 50 walkers.
So this Saturday the volunteers from the East Devon Walk This Way scheme are meeting at Escot for Leisure East Devon, the charitable trust who run lots of leisure facilities in the area, to say thank you for all their work
You may also want to watch:
For more information on the ‘Walking for health’ scheme, please contact Andrew Dare 01404 814317.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 3 Can you help Ottery become plastic free?
- 4 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 5 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 6 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 7 Build Back Fairer by supporting Fairtrade in Sidmouth
- 8 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 9 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 10 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98