The apple which cannot decide whether it’s red or green
IT was the apple of his eye! And 72 year old Ken Morrish did a double-take when he saw the Golden Delicious with a split personality – one half green, the other half red.
IT was the apple of his eye! And 72 year old Ken Morrish did a double-take when he saw the Golden Delicious with a split personality - one half green, the other half red.
He said: "It looks as if a green apple and a red apple have been cut in half and stuck together!"
It was nearly crunch time for the remark-apple looking fruit after Ken, from Colaton Raleigh, resigned it to the Bramley bucket.
But his gardener friend convinced him of its ap-peel and Ken took it along to Bicton College for closer examination.
You may also want to watch:
He is now being extra core-ful with the apple and has it stored away in his fridge in case someone tries to pip him to the post.
- 1 Public open gardens event cancelled due to Covid
- 2 Ottery's amazing community has pulled together during pandemic
- 3 Former vice chairman of Sidmouth Town Council turns to murder
- 4 Pre-season fun for a rugby player
- 5 Scores of nominations for town's champion awards
- 6 Hot! Hot! Hot! Haytor Heller
- 7 Lacemaking mum's labour of love for daughter's wedding
- 8 Ottery brothers applaud customers on 'Freedom Day'
- 9 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award
- 10 Good old-fashioned common sense is what's needed