The apple which cannot decide whether it’s red or green
IT was the apple of his eye! And 72 year old Ken Morrish did a double-take when he saw the Golden Delicious with a split personality – one half green, the other half red.
IT was the apple of his eye! And 72 year old Ken Morrish did a double-take when he saw the Golden Delicious with a split personality - one half green, the other half red.
He said: "It looks as if a green apple and a red apple have been cut in half and stuck together!"
It was nearly crunch time for the remark-apple looking fruit after Ken, from Colaton Raleigh, resigned it to the Bramley bucket.
But his gardener friend convinced him of its ap-peel and Ken took it along to Bicton College for closer examination.
You may also want to watch:
He is now being extra core-ful with the apple and has it stored away in his fridge in case someone tries to pip him to the post.
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 3 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 4 'Going out on a high' - food festival chairman hands over the reins after this year's successful event
- 5 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 6 Sidmouth woman's legal hearing over Covid deaths in care homes adjourned
- 7 Storms and stormy weather... past, present, and future
- 8 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 9 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 10 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses