London band jazzing up the Christmas classics in Sidmouth
- Credit: Archant
The Big Band is giving Sinatra, Nat King Cole and Glenn Miller their swinging signature twist this Christmas.
‘The Big Band at Christmas’ performance is by the show and dance band Five Star Swing, which has previously performed at London’s Leicester Square Theatre and the BBC’s Children in Need.
The show will feature timeless Christmas classics such as Winter Wonderland, Sleigh Ride, White Christmas, Santa Baby and Jingle Bells.
David Waller, drummer for the band, is a Sidmouth local who is excited about bringing a big band version of the Christmas classics to his home town.
The performance will also include musicians from the all-female Ivy Benson Jazz Orchestra and BBC Radio’s Big Band.
You may also want to watch:
The festive show is on Tuesday, November 20, at the Manor Pavilion Theatre. Tickets can be bought via the box office on 01395 514413 and are £16 standard or £15 for concessions.
- 1 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 4 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 5 Football in support of mental health
- 6 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 7 Ottery St Mary Silver Band 'Centenary+1' fundraiser launched
- 8 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 9 Sad loss at Beer Albion
- 10 East Devon author launches satirical book