The Donkey Sanctuary at Sidmouth holds family food fair
- Credit: Archant
An event for foodies and families alike will be held at The Donkey Sanctuary in Sidmouth next weekend.
The Family Food Fair celebrates the valley’s vast food and drink scene and is said to have something for everyone.
There will be live cookery demonstrations and a selection of suppliers, offering delicious food and refreshments - this includes the Flaming Good Pizza Co, Good Game and The Posh Kebab Company.
Making up just some of the local food and drink producers will be County Cakes, The Wooden Fish, Hullabaloos Lemonade, Budleigh Bees, Branscombe Brewery and Louise’s Larder.
There will also be something for the younger visitors - the children’s zone - which will give the kids chance to create their own lunch. Entry to the zone costs £5 and children can choose between a mini pizza or a fish finger bap. They can also enjoy a fruit salad for dessert, decorate a donkey shaped biscuit and have their face painted.
You may also want to watch:
Continuing the food theme, visitors can also have a go on the popular Human Fruit Machine while local band Vine and Dandy provides live music.
There will also be an opportunity for visitors to win a luxury hamper and other prizes in a raffle, plus there will be the chance to bid on some fabulous prizes in the food fair auction.
- 1 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 2 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 3 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 4 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 5 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 6 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 7 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 8 Country owes a 'great debt' to The Duke of Edinburgh
- 9 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 10 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
Auction prizes include a half-day cookery course at the Exeter Cookery School, a one-hour classic car ride for four people at The Deer Park Country House, a £50 gift voucher to spend at the Jack in the Green, afternoon tea for two at Sidmouth Harbour Hotel, a £40 gift voucher for The White Horse, a one-hour taster experience at the Landrover Experience, cream tea for two at Otterton Mill and a two-night glamping stay in a yurt with Holnest Holidays.
Don’t forget that no visit to The Donkey Sanctuary would be complete without meeting some of the resident donkeys including the gentle giant Poitous, charismatic adoption donkeys and cute miniature donkeys.
Admission to the Family Food Fair is £2 per person, which includes entry into a draw to win a selection of tickets to Devon’s top family attractions. Under 12s are free as is parking. Dogs on leads are welcome.
All the proceeds from the event will go towards The Donkey Sanctuary’s work.